March 22, 2018
Triple Top Knot
It’s almost prom season! That means it’s time to start thinking about the perfect dress and, of course, the perfect hairstyle. The #CGHTripleTopKnot is a cute half updo with three buns fluffed out into a mohawk. It’s fun, girly, and also a little edgy! This look is perfect for anyone with medium to long hair and is a great go-to hairstyle for dinner, school, or even work.
To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our CGH app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHTripleTopKnot
Items Needed: Brush, rat-tail comb, 3 small hair elastics, 10-15 bobby pins, hairspray or spray wax (if desired).
Time Requirement: 10 minutes or less
Skill Level: Easy
For the full tutorial click here:
- Start by parting your hair from the corner of each eyebrow to the corner of your head.
- Place the bottom half of your hair into a ponytail.
- For the first bun, take a third of the hair in the top section and wrap it around in a bun.
- Take a few bobby pins to hold the bun into place. TIP: Make sure the pins are nice and tight so that the bun doesn’t fall out.
- Then fluff the bun with your fingers to make it a little messy and full,
- For the second bun, take the section of hair that’s directly under the first bun and repeat steps 3-5.
- With the last section of hair, tuck it behind the second bun towards the crown of your head and repeat steps 3-5.
- Lastly, let your hair down from the bottom ponytail.